It has happen that after some WebMap migrations, the application works fine in IISExpress but when run in IIS you just get an strange error like:
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Detailed Error Information: Module IIS Web Core Notification BeginRequest Handler Not yet determined Error Code 0x80070021 Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false". Config File \\?\D:\webmap417\MigratedSolution\web.config
In general the problem is that you missed installed a bunch of staff for IIS
- Click "Start button" in the search box, enter "Turn windows features on or off"
- in the features window, Click: "Internet Information Services"
- Click: "World Wide Web Services"
- Click: "Application Development Features"
- Check (enable) the features. I checked all but CGI.